Friday 11 January 2013

Christmas Bundt Spice Cake...

Got this recipe from the lovely blog of Not Quite Nigella. It was quite an alternative cake for this household who enjoys the rather traditional cake. The spice taste was good and strong, however I would have liked it a little more moist. Mine seemed a bit dry so I made up for that by spreading on some butter thickly! Not sure if the dryness was due to it being in the oven too long, would have to shorten the time if I made it again. I must admit I do like the traditional cake with its extravagant amount of fruit, so I did add extra into this and soaked them overnight in some rum. Let's face it a Christmas cake isn't a Christmas cake without the hint of something alcoholic in it. Nevertheless it was good to try something different but I might be back to traditional cake again next year...

No comments: